Thursday, April 9, 2009

Re-Invented jeans

My little one is in need of some summery clothes. I decided to see if I could a pair of her jeans that surely would not fit her by fall and make them into capris. I was inspired by this. at Poppies at Play.

I don't want to call this a tutorial, since I am sure it is not an original idea, but I will try to describe what I created in my own words!

Jeans, as you can see they are a little worn, so they are ready to be reworked.


I cut off the bottom three inches, I just guessed as my model was sleeping. I probably would have made them a little shorter if I would have measured.

Turn the jean inside out and turn up a hem, mine was 1/2". You can take the time to serge or zig-zag stitch the raw edge if you want too.


Iron the turned up edge.

Turn right side out and pin decorative trim in place. I chose this frilly eyelet. I used almost 3/4 yard for size 24 month jeans. I liked that this trim has a scallop edge as it will be a little forgiving if I don't sew it on straight. Sew trim on with a straight stitch!


Here they are on my super cute model.

3 comments:

  1. Really awesome blog. I enjoyed reading this review from you. I found that you really update your site regularly that made me more interesting. I've bookmarked your site for my future use.

    Thank you
    sagar
    Download free CSS templates

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jean/eyelet combo is SO cute! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job sewing those capris. I'm little afraid of altering clothing. But with boys, there's not a lot you can do to alter it. ;)

    ReplyDelete